Production Line Technician
- Reference: 003
- Closing Date: 31/10/2019
- Type: General Application
Reporting to: Manufacturing Shift Manager
Overall purpose of the role is to be responsible for the running, maintenance and improvements of Welland’s automated pouch machine. To monitor and understand performance and recommend actions where necessary and constantly seek to improve the performance of the machine. You will also ensure that tooling and all machine spares are of expected quality and you will purchase machine spares in a timely fashion.
- Responsibility and accountability for all aspects of machine performance and safety.
- The ability to set and operate and run the equipment.
- Active involvement within the Lean Teams and other performance-focused groups as required, including completion of allocated actions.
- Ensuring availability of good quality tooling on every machine and process.
- Effective communication via Engineering logs, shift handovers and direct interaction with the manufacturing teams.
- Compliance of all Welland WIs (standard operating procedures) and regulatory requirements through implementation of best practice techniques.
- Liaison with Engineering/QA/R&D to ensure best practice and reduce downtime and or quality issues.
- Liaison with Operations Supervision and Production Control to ensure compliance to schedule.
- Effective communication at all levels both verbally and on any written documentation e.g. shift handovers.
- Training and assessment of Trainee and Machine Setter Operators and Machine Setters.
- Creation and update of Welland WIs (standard operating procedures).
- Accountability and responsibility of progress monitoring and reporting current manufacturing position against plan across the Cell.
- Accountability and responsibility for the quality of product that is produced on the automated pouch machines.
- As part of an NCR and/or CAPA team the Production Line Technician will be responsible for investigation and validation works ensuring the most effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
Minimum Essential requirements:
- A qualification in Engineering
- Computer literate able to use Excel, Word and Outlook
- Disciplined and able to work to procedures