Export Account Manager
- Reference: Export Account Manager
- Closing Date: 01/04/2023
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Export Account Manager
Reporting To: Head of Sales and Marketing
Direct Reports: N/A
Working Hours: Monday – Friday
Start Date: TBD
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world- class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary Of The Role:
At Welland we take pride in everything we do, we work collaboratively to achieve our goals and this excellent opportunity to join our Sales and Marketing department will focus on maximising the sales of Welland products in our export markets. The overall purpose of this role is to be able to proactively identify new business opportunities while managing current export accounts, with fluent spoken and written language in both French and German as a key attribute. The successful candidate should also have the ability to travel internationally as business requires and be culturally aware of the world around us. A good level of communication, educated to degree level and sales experience is required to ensure the needs of this role are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement and communicate pricing policy for existing export distributors, new products and new markets.
• Agree objectives with each export distributor on an annual basis (pricing, stock control, regulatory activity, sales and marketing initiatives, forecasts)
• Develop existing export distributors input/acceptance of annual forecasting and marketing strategy for each market and monitor and report on a monthly basis
• Organise quarterly review meetings with key export distributors to discuss and monitor market activity as agreed as part of annual sales and marketing plan
• Monitor distributor activity in relation to annual agreed objectives
• Produce and circulate regular visit reports highlight key issues that will affect sales, production
and product/communication activities
• Produce monthly sales report for inclusion in the sales and marketing departmental
management and board reports
• Develop strong relationships and have regular contact with export distributors and market
• Assist in the organisation of and attend key exhibitions, distributor meetings and other key
• Assist in the writing and communication of annual sales and marketing strategy and budget
• Present at internal and external meetings as and when required
• Conduct product training and staff inductions where applicable, as well as to distributors
• Work closely with all relevant departments to ensure successful delivery of information from all
• Identify trends and opportunities for new export markets and new product development
• Assist and support in the management of specified sales and marketing department projects in accordance with the company’s core objectives
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role.
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
• Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
• Health benefits
• Life insurance
• 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
• Company Christmas shut down
• Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
• Complementarity company day
• Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
• Cycle to work scheme
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.
View Person Specification here.