Bill of Materials Developer (12 month FTC)
- Reference: Bill of Materials Developer
- Closing Date:
- Type: General Application
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of ostomates worldwide. A career opportunity within Welland Medical may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
To be successful, manufacturing companies are dependent on the accuracy and quality of their Bills of materials enabling them to make robust business decisions both internally and externally. This quality is dependent on strong controls and structure enabling accurate up to date information to be used. You will be involved in this important area, improving both the structure and routing as well as the surrounding processes.
This will require you to be a good communicator and team player as there will be high levels of interaction with many areas of the business. As someone with a high level of accuracy that enjoys working with data you will be exposed to and develop some of the most important information within the business.
- Interaction with ERP system
- Developing and implementing System Roles and responsibilities in relation to BoMs
- Policy and procedures development and maintenance
- Update databases/information as necessary
- Time and motion study around throughputs, scrap etc
- Develop and maintain BoM Structures and routings
- Identify areas for improvement (e.g. processes, styles, formats)
- Maintain a high level of quality, clarity, and consistency for all BoMs
- Organise and maintain department files, databases and spreadsheets
- Collaboration and communication with internal departments
- Ad Hoc support for the team on product development projects
A degree of flexibility is needed and the successful candidate may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above that will be appropriate to the level of the role.
Health and Safety:
The Company has a Health and Safety policy, which outlines responsibilities of both the employer and employee in respect of health and safety. All employees are required to be aware of this policy and comply with its content.
Quality is an integral part of the company’s mission to deliver innovative products and service. All members of staff are responsible for operating and promoting the development of quality standards and procedures.
The company is committed to a culture of continuous improvement. All members of staff are expected to take ownership of tasks and seek new and improved ways of doing things.
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.
A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.