- Reference: Cell Engineer
- Closing Date: 30/11/2023
- Type: Jobs
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world-class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
Excellence: We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
Innovation: We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
Integrity: We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
Quality: We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
Wellbeing: We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Cell Engineer team, with focus and ability to:
- Responsibility to always adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy and operate and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks and to seek new improved ways of doing things.
- Responsibility and accountability for all aspects of machine performance and safety.
- Planning, completion, and delivery of effective maintenance on all plant and facility equipment.
- The ability to set and operate equipment.
- Active involvement within the Lean Teams and other performance-focused groups as required, including completion of allocated actions.
- Ensuring availability of good quality tooling on every machine and process.
- Ensuring availability of relevant spares for every machine and process.
- Always Working safely.
- Effective communication via Engineering logs, shift handovers and direct interaction with the manufacturing teams.
- Through the analysis of available data, the Cell Engineer will provide the justification for any process improvements.
- As part of an NCR or CAPA team the Cell Engineer will be responsible for investigations and validation works ensuring the most effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
For more information on this role and to read more about the person specification please click here.