Continuous Improvement (CI) Project Manager
- Reference: Continuous Improvement (CI) Project Manager
- Closing Date: 30/11/2023
- Type: Jobs
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world-class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
Excellence: We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
Innovation: We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
Integrity: We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
Quality: We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
Wellbeing: We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Operations and Engineering team, with focus and ability to:
- Working closely with the Leadership team to establish cross-functional Lean principles across the organisation to ensure improvement targets are met.
- Identifying opportunities for project and / or process improvement, waste reduction & control, and cost reduction across the organisation, through accurately analysing options of feasibility and impact.
- Planning, facilitating, and executing projects using continuous improvement techniques and project management skills.
- Working to continuously improve processes both on the production floor as well as product range rationalisation and other key initiatives across multi discipline teams to include Product, Marketing Research & Development, Finance, IT, Operations & Engineering.
- Defining the project objectives and scope, evaluating, and prioritizing potential improvements.
- Conducting detailed analysis of the current situation and establish a clear and well-articulated implementation plan for continuous improvement and / or range rationalisation projects.
- Specifying deliverables, outcome indicators, and performance-measured indicators.
- Identifying available resources, people, material, and finances. Mapping out the desired situation and clearly defining the methodology for implementation.
- Teaching, leading, mentoring, and coaching cross-functional teams on Continuous Improvement principles and techniques and / or tools, including Lean Six Sigma.
- Coaching and developing colleagues on the concept of Lean and how to apply principles of Lean in own working area and seeks new and improved ways of doing things. Supporting them to develop Lean expertise and capabilities, to include yellow belt training for colleagues as required.
To find out more about the role and to see if you are a great fit, please click here.