Continuous Improvement Project Manager
- Reference: Continuous Improvement Project Manager
- Closing Date: 30/09/2023
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Project Manager
Reporting To: Managing Director, dotted line to Operations & Engineering Director
Working Hours: 37.5 hours – Days
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people collaborating to create world-class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary Of The Role:
Continuous Improvement Project Manager will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of several projects for the future development of Welland Medical strategic initiatives. Remaining aligned with the company strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization.
As a Continuous Improvement specialist, the Project Manager will be highly competent as a project and process manager, using a variety of skills such as project design, leadership, and management to ensure performance and process development.
As a Black Belt CI specialist, the role to include driving Lean Six Sigma principles to drive continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence, supporting and developing the company Product Management, Project, and Lean Coordination team in the delivery of cross functional projects.
Delivery of successful projects using the Lean Manufacturing Philosophy and Six Sigma in Production and Transactional processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working closely with the Leadership team to establish cross-functional Lean principles across the organisation to ensure improvement targets are met.
• Identifying opportunities for project and / or process improvement, waste reduction & control, and cost reduction across the organisation, to include accurately analysing options of feasibility and impact.
• Supports the Visions and Strategies of the Company and the Group as well as the activities of the Managing Director.
• Planning, facilitating, and executing projects using continuous improvement techniques and project management skills.
• Working to continuously improve processes both on the production floor as well as product range rationalisation and other key initiatives across multi discipline teams to include Product Marketing, Research & Development, Finance, IT, Operations & Engineering.
• Defining the project objectives and scope, evaluating, and prioritizing potential improvements.
• Establish a clear and well-articulated implementation plan for continuous improvement and / or
range rationalisation projects.
• Establishing criteria for the project’s success and preparing a sound statement of constraints /
• Conducting detailed analysis of the current situation that accurately describes the issues and
continuous improvement opportunities.
• Specifying deliverables, outcome indicators, and performance-measured indicators.
• Identifying available resources, people, material, and finances.
• Mapping out the desired situation and clearly defining the methodology for implementation.
• Specifying obstacles and ways to overcome them through continuous improvement.
• Regularly monitoring the implementation of solutions to achieve objectives and expected
• Teaching, leading, mentoring and coaching cross-functional teams on Continuous
Improvement principles and techniques and / or tools, including Lean Six Sigma.
• Coaching and developing colleagues on the concept of Lean and how to apply principles of
Lean in own working area and seeks new and improved ways of doing things.
• Providing support to develop Lean expertise and capability, to include yellow belt training for
colleagues as required.
• Team working to build bonds in the team, contributes to shaping the atmosphere of
cooperation and increasing efficiency in teamwork.
• Shares actively best practice and drives implementation of Continuous Improvement projects.
• Mentoring peers in the formulation and execution of process improvement projects.
Adherence to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times and operate and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks and to seek new improved ways of doing things.
A degree of flexibility is required, and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role. All duties must be carried out in compliance with company Quality System, Health and Safety Policies and regulations set out in the Medical Device Directive.
Quality is an integral part of the company’s mission to deliver innovative products and service. All members of staff are responsible for operating and promoting the development of quality standards and procedures.
Continuous Improvement – The company is committed to a culture of continuous improvement. All members of staff are expected to take ownership of tasks and seek new and improved ways of doing things.
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
• Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
• Health benefits
• Life insurance
• 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
• Company Christmas shut down
• Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
• Complementarity company day
• Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
• Cycle to work scheme
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.
View Person Specification here.