- Reference: Facilities Engineer
- Closing Date: 31/08/2022
- Type: General Application
Welland Medical, one of the leading ostomy brands in the UK and worldwide, specialise in the design, development and manufacture of innovative stoma care appliances and accessories. Welland Medical is renowned for manufacturing ground breaking solutions that enhance people’s lives, every day. Situated in a purpose-built state of the art research, development and manufacturing facility, Welland Medical has a growing workforce of over 240 skilled colleagues. Part of the privately owned CliniMed Group, which established in 1982, provides specialist products and services to the healthcare market.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the upkeep of the Welland site through the management of facilities contracts and sub-contractors. Continuous improvement of the working facility will be driven through investigation and discussions that will lead to project proposals and Capex requests. Managing the facilities budget, the Facilities Engineer will communicate with all levels of the organization providing professional support, service and guidance in delivering a fully functioning, environmentally friendly workplace.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility to always adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy and operate and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks and to seek new improved ways of doing things
- The accountability and responsibility for the Welland Medical manufacturing facility
- Management of existing and proposed sub-contractors whilst on site at Welland Medical
- Responsible for the management and approval of safety documentation from RAMS to on-site risk assessments in the completion of works
- Management of the Facilities budget, communicating performance and ensuring cost effectiveness
- Management of the facility in line with existing and proposed environmental policies
- Project manage facility works from concept proposal through to completion
- Prepare and manage capital expenditure projects from concept through to completion
- Working alongside the Engineering team to provide a high level of building maintenance and repair
- Management of Fire and Security management systems
- Liaise with utility companies on visits and inspections
- Management of periodic examinations for pressure, and safety equipment
A degree of flexibility is needed, and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role. All duties must be carried out in compliance with company Quality System, health and safety policies and regulations set out in the Medical Device Directive.
Quality is an integral part of the company’s mission to deliver innovative products and service. All members of staff are responsible for operating and promoting the development of quality standards and procedures.
The company is committed to a culture of continuous improvement. All members of staff are expected to take ownership of tasks and seek new and improved ways of doing things.
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
Please see the person specification.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.
A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.