- Reference: Financial Controller
- Closing Date: 29/02/2024
- Type: Jobs
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your role will be to provide support across the finance operations supporting monthly and quarterly processes and deliverables aligned with the group procedures. You will be ensuring compliance with local laws and UK GAAP, overseeing entities management and preparing Financial Statements.
- Manage the month end close process preparing accurate and timely accounts and group submissions, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Own the analysis of overheads, ensuring actuals, accruals and variances to plan/targets are understood prior to each financial close and identifying opportunities for efficiencies.
- Own the reporting of capital projects.
- Responsible for completion of all journal entries, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and all other Balance Sheet Reconciliations including stock movements, consignment stock and sub-con stock are processed.
Preparation of cashflow forecasts and assist with managing group cash requirements and support accounts payable in overseeing payment runs.
- Build intercompany relationships.
- Oversee all stocktaking activities to ensure the valuations are a true reflection of the inventory in hand
- Complete and submit quarterly and annual forms to the Office of National Statistic
- Preparation and coordination of year-end information for audits and completion of local statutory accounts per filing deadlines
- Responsible for VAT and the provision of information for tax computations and the development of our VAT compliance knowledge
- Support external advisors in the preparation of Corporation Tax Returns and Statutory Account
- Manage the relationship with Barclays and control access and users
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, providing actionable recommendations to senior management.
Provide recommendations to optimise financial performance. Monitor and manage cash flow and working capital, optimise liquidity, and ensure compliance with banking / overdraft facilities.
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Take the lead on financial risk and business continuity
- Document and maintain robust internal controls, policies, and procedures across the company by identifying problems, improving practices and writing new procedures.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate financial risks and safeguard the company’s assets.
- Take the lead and become a Super User of the financial system.
- Assess the financial system to provide enhanced reporting and analysis of the business.
- Ensure adequacy of segregation of duties is maintained
- Manage and mentor a small finance team including the management accountant and Accounts Payable to ensure the finance control department operates efficiently and effectively. Develop a department skills matrix to ensure all key tasks have back-up cover.
Project work necessary
- To assist the Finance Director in any other duties required