Head of Sales and Marketing
- Reference: Head of Sales and Marketing
- Closing Date: 31/03/2023
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Head of Sales and Marketing
Reporting To: Managing Director
Working Hours: Monday – Friday
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world- class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary Of The Role:
The overall responsibility of the Head of Sales and Marketing is to achieve agreed revenue targets by driving product sales through profitable existing and new distribution networks, marketing communications, product management and clinical marketing. To proactively manage, support and drive customer service and marketing excellence though distribution partners. Manage and support a collaborative team, with multi-departmental communication to ensure the timely development of project completion, with focus our stoma care products. This role also includes and the overall management of the Welland product portfolio, communications and aligning future goals with future internal and external Sales and Marketing strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Sales and Marketing team, with focus and ability to (please note a more detailed description is available on application):
• Achieve agreed revenue targets by driving product sales through profitable existing and new distribution networks, marketing communications, product management and clinical marketing
• Overall management of Welland’s pouch and accessories product portfolio, marketing communications and the Welland brand
• Lead, inspire, manage and coach the Sales and Marketing team managers with collaboration with the wider team where appropriate
• Develop and improve processes and manage change to achieve sales revenue targets
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with, and have regular contact with, Welland’s distributor network and KOLs
• Research and identify new business opportunities in line with annual company objectives and strategy in existing and new markets and ensure all new business leads are actively pursued
• Implement and communicate Welland’s forecasting and pricing policy assuring agreed margin levels are maintained
• Agree SMART objectives with each key distributor and develop associated sales forecasting and marketing strategies, monitoring and reporting on outcomes
• Organise and chair quarterly sales and marketing review meetings internally and with key distributors agreeing changes as appropriate in order to achieve annual revenue targets
• Ability to produce reports, along with producing annual sales and marketing strategic budget report and associated forecast for following years sales revenue target
• Present at internal and externally meetings as required
• Management of new product development market and product research, competitor analysis and associated product launches
• Act as the Sales and Marketing lead on new product development project teams and other associated projects where there is a need for Sales and Marketing input
• Lead on working collaboratively with departmental managers and HR to implement and thinking innovatively to help us continuously improve employee engagement and internal marketing
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role. All duties must be carried out in compliance with company Quality System, health and safety policies and regulations set out in the Medical Device Directive.
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
• Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
• Health benefits
• Life insurance
• 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
• Company Christmas shut down
• Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
• Complementarity company day
• Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
• Cycle to work scheme
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.