Human Resources Manager
- Reference: Human Resources Manager
- Closing Date: 14/08/2020
- Type: General Application
Welland Medical, one of the leading ostomy brands in the UK and worldwide, specialise in the design, development and manufacture of innovative stoma care appliances and accessories. Celebrating over 30 years of business, Welland Medical is renowned for manufacturing ground breaking solutions that enhance the lives of ostomates throughout the world. Situated in a purpose-built state of the art research, development and manufacturing facility, Welland Medical employs a growing workforce of over 200 skilled employees. Part of the privately owned CliniMed Group, which established in 1982 now employs 800 in the UK and provides specialist products and services to the healthcare market.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading and directing the HR team to deliver a comprehensive HR service that supports the strategic objectives of the business. Working with the Managing Director/Group Director of Human Resources in developing and implementing HR strategy and initiatives to support future needs of the business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organise and control all activities of the HR service – providing leadership and direction to the HR team.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to Directors and staff on all HR matters and the application of policy and procedure, coaching them and advising on all people issues
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinary, grievance and sickness using company knowledge and evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- Measure employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement through the annual staff survey ensuring that an appropriate employee engagement strategy and policies are employed
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes including the use of competency reviews
- Plan and undertake training and development activities as required providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Create and deliver a management training programme to managers to support their development
- Training: Implementing training and development policy; identify areas that need attention and improvement
- Champion for Investors in People supporting managers to improve business processes and performance
- Recruitment and retention: oversee recruitment, managing talent and succession planning in liaison with Managing Director/Group Director of HR.
- In conjunction with the Group Director of HR develop and implement employment policies and procedures in line with employment legislation and ensure that these policies and procedures are clearly documented and are available to all staff
- Oversee and manage payroll, pensions and personnel data within CliniMed Group guidelines
- Monitor, measure and report on key KPIs and HR department metrics
- Be responsible for ensuring one’s own continuing professional development and adhering to the recognized standards of the CIPD including updates on HR law and changes for the future
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role.
Health and Safety:
The Company has a Health and Safety policy, which outlines responsibilities of both the employer and employee in respect of health and safety. All employees are required to be aware of this policy and comply with its content.
Quality is an integral part of the company’s mission to deliver innovative products and service. All members of staff are responsible for operating and promoting the development of quality standards and procedures.
The company is committed to a culture of Lean Manufacturing. All members of staff are expected to take ownership of tasks and learn the various techniques of Lean Manufacturing to support the company’s objectives.
The company is committed to a culture of continuous improvement. All members of staff are expected to take ownership of tasks and seek new and improved ways of doing things.
FOR ALL APPLICATIONS AND TO REQUEST A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com
A COVERING LETTER AND CV WILL BE REQUIRED WITH ALL APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 14 August 2020