- Reference: Project Engineer
- Closing Date: 01/03/2023
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Project Engineer
Reporting To: Senior Project Engineer
Direct Reports: N/A
Working Hours: Standard, Non-Shift, Monday to Friday
Start Date: Jan 2023
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world- class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary Of The Role:
Working directly with all areas of the business the Project Engineer will design engineering solutions, manage projects under their control (including associated budgets) and create reports as required. Typical projects include development of manufacturing equipment / processes in support of new product development, equipment validation, specification of capital equipment and upgrades to existing processes/ equipment.
This role is a fundamental part of a department that supports the development of Welland manufacturing processes so effective communication, an aptitude for solving challenging problems and the ability to think beyond existing practices are all key elements to success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Engineering team, with focus and ability to:
- Responsibility to adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times and operate and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks and to seek new improved ways of doing things
- Ensure projects are managed effectively including defining & meeting timescales, control of project budget and working with other departments as required
- Design and develop efficient processes and equipment in support of new product introduction, problem solving, and development of existing practices
- Design of engineering parts and assemblies using SolidWorks CAD software
- Produce and check technical drawings to 8S8888
- Purchase new equipment and provide training as required
- Validation, verification and qualification of new processes and equipment
- Review safety and compliance of both new and existing equipment
- Effective communication with suppliers, customers and staff at all levels of the company
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role. All duties must be carried out in compliance with company Quality System, health and safety policies and regulations set out in the Medical Device Directive.
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
- Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
- Company Christmas shut down
- Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
- Complementarity company day
- Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.