- Reference: Shift Engineer
- Closing Date: 30/09/2023
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Shift Engineer
Reporting To: Lead Engineer
Working Hours: 4 on 4 off
Start Date: ASAP
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people collaborating to create world-class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary Of The Role:
Responsible for the performance and safety of all manufacturing equipment in line with company KPI’s and strategic projects.
The most effective form of machine support can only be delivered through the thorough understanding of the way in which equipment is operated, the machine performance and the requirements and design of the products being manufactured.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Engineering team, with focus and ability to:
• Responsibility to adhere to the Companies Health and Safety policy at all times and operate
and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks
and to seek new improved ways of doing things
• Responsibility and accountability for all aspects of machine performance and safety.
• Planning, completion and delivery of effective maintenance on all plant and facility equipment.
• The ability to set and operate equipment.
• Active involvement within the Lean Teams and other performance-focused groups as required, including completion of allocated actions.
• Ensuring availability of good quality tooling on every machine and process.
• Ensuring availability of relevant spares for every machine and process.
• Working safely at all times.
• Effective communication via Engineering logs, shift handovers and direct interaction
with the manufacturing teams.
• Through the analysis of available data, the Cell Engineer will provide the justification
for any process improvements.
• As part of an NCR or CAPA team the Cell Engineer will be responsible for investigations
and validation works ensuring the most effective corrective and preventative
actions are implemented.
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role. All duties must be carried out in compliance with company Quality System, health and safety policies and regulations set out in the Medical Device Directive.
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
• Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
• Health benefits
• Life insurance
• 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
• Company Christmas shut down
• Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
• Complementarity company day
• Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
• Cycle to work scheme
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.
View Person Specification here.