Supply Chain Category Manager
- Reference: Supply Chain Category Manager
- Closing Date: 24/11/2022
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Supply Chain Category Manager
Reporting To: Procurement Manager
Working Hours Monday – Friday
Start Date ASAP
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world- class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary of the Role:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this role is responsible for developing direct spend material categories in alignment with business objectives. Management of supply chain risk mitigation strategies will be a key area of focus, as well as leading projects to deliver cost saving initiatives across the various categories. This role interacts with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of business and successful engagement is critical for continued success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Purchasing team, with focus and ability to:
- Manage tactical and strategic activities associated with the various categories to support business requirements.
- Develop commercial reports for category spend.
- Appraise suppliers and set KPIs to monitor performance.
- Identify cost saving initiatives and lead projects to deliver bottom line savings.
- Analyse markets and run benchmarking activities to ensure optimum value is achieved within category.
- Identify areas of supply chain risk and create strategies and processes to mitigate effectively.
- Ensure procedures and regulatory standards are met by the supplier base.
- Communicate effectively with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Support the department with its ethical and sustainable procurement activities.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements when necessary.
- Support and deliver objectives whilst proactively supporting the development of the department.
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role.
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
- Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
- Company Christmas shut down
- Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
- Complementarity company day
- Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.