Team Leader – Production
- Reference: Team Leader - Production
- Closing Date: 22/01/2024
- Type: Jobs
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive management and Resource Planning of the Production Operative team to meet the hourly / daily targets.
- Ensuring that all products produced meet the company quality criteria by driving a “right first time” approach within their team.
- Ensuring all documentation and reports are completed accurately and correctly with concise data, meeting the prescribed company standards.
- To apply strong leadership, sound judgement and drive continuous improvement to optimise the team performance and ensure product quality compliance.
- Provide competent and reliable information to team members and colleagues to ensure best practice is followed and that the highest standard of product is produced.
- To be accountable for delivery of exceptional operational results and improvements for the department and the business.
- Ensure the Operatives are trained according to their role and competency assessed to the required standard.
- Maintain operatives training records in line with company standards, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Operator performance monitoring and recommendation of corrective action where required.
- Maintain key relationships and communication with QA, Production Control, Engineering and Other Production Teams (including Stores).
- Effective and concise communication at all levels both verbally and on any written documentation e.g. shift handovers.
- Creation and update of Welland Work Instructions (standard operating procedures).
- As part of an NCR and/or CAPA team the Team Leader will assist any investigations and validation works ensuring effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Ensuring that a safe and clean work environment is maintained on the shop floor.
- Ensuring that all employees and agency temps are compliant with all Health & Safety Regulations, company policies and procedures at all times.
- Manage the team in line with Company Procedures and Policies and guidance from HR i.e. absence management.
- Ongoing development of the team with regular communication on their performance through regular 121’s and completion of the PDR process.
- Working with HR to review any training requirements that will ensure continuous development.
- Inspire and motivate team members to ensure company and team objectives are met.
- Drive team motivation and employee engagement.
- Managing team members’ holidays to ensure no negative effect on Production.