- Reference: Cell Engineer
- Closing Date: 31/08/2022
- Type: General Application
Welland Medical, one of the leading ostomy brands in the UK and worldwide, specialise in the design, development and manufacture of innovative stoma care appliances and accessories. Welland Medical is renowned for manufacturing ground breaking solutions that enhance people’s lives, every day. Situated in a purpose-built state of the art research, development and manufacturing facility, Welland Medical has a growing workforce of over 240 skilled colleagues. Part of the privately owned CliniMed Group, which established in 1982, provides specialist products and services to the healthcare market.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the performance and safety of all manufacturing equipment in line with company KPI’s. Under the direction of the Lead Engineer, the Cell Engineer will provide the best engineering service to the manufacturing teams.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility to adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times and operate and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks and to seek new improved ways of doing things
- The accountability and responsibility for all aspects of machine performance
- Planning, completion and delivery of effective maintenance on all plant and facility equipment
- Active involvement within the Lean Teams
- Implementation and realization of various lean initiatives as determined by the Lean Teams
- The management, availability and effective use of all tooling on WorkCentre’s
- The management and availability of a machine spare for every machine and process
- Effective communication on Engineering logs and shift handovers
- Through the analysis of available data the Cell Engineer will provide the justification for any process improvements
- As part of an NCR or CAPA team the Cell Engineer will be responsible for investigations and validation works ensuring the most effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented
- Responsible for the creation of all permits to work
- Responsible for the effective completion of Equipment risk assessments
A degree of flexibility is needed and the job holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and which will be appropriate to the level of the role. All duties must be carried out in compliance with company Quality System, health and safety policies and regulations set out in the Medical Device Directive.
Quality is an integral part of the company’s mission to deliver innovative products and service. All members of staff are responsible for operating and promoting the development of quality standards and procedures.
The company is committed to a culture of continuous improvement. All members of staff are expected to take ownership of tasks and seek new and improved ways of doing things.
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
Please see the person specification.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.
A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.