Junior QA Engineer
- Reference: Junior QA Engineer
- Closing Date: 31/01/2023
- Type: General Application
Job Title: Junior QA Engineer
Reporting To: Senior QA Engineer
Working Hours: Monday – Friday
Start Date: ASAP
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world- class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Summary Of The Role:
To support the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs (QARA) team with the maintenance of the company Regulatory Compliance against ISO 13485 and MDD 93/42/EEC and MDR EU/2017/745.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs team, with focus and ability to:
- Support the manufacturing to ensure quality issues are dealt with and closed in a timely manner
- Assist with customer complaint investigations
- Assist with complaint reporting
- Provide QA support and approval of CAPA and non-conformances
- Conduct incoming inspection sampling and analysis of raw materials
- Maintain and report on quality metrics
- Assist with Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) and support CAPA teams as necessary
- Assist in quality audits (internal, supplier) against ISO 13485 / 9001
- Support in logging, monitoring and closing of audit actions, internal and supplier
- Calibrate production equipment as necessary in a timely manner and maintain the calibration database
- Assist the business in closing CAPA and non-conformances
- Assist in the improvements of QMS against ISO 13485
- Support the QMS adherence and that ISO standard requirements are met and maintained
- Contribute to Lean manufacturing six sigma projects and communicate progress to CI Management with regards to key KPIs when required
- Assist with new material, equipment, CSV and process validation as necessary
Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do. Our passion for our colleagues wellbeing is reflected in our values and we offer (and not limited to) the following perks to all our colleagues:
- Competitive company pension, that increases with length of service
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- 25 holiday days plus statutory bank holidays
- Company Christmas shut down
- Discount at a number of high street retailers and other local discounts
- Complementarity company day
- Free onsite parking (including electric vehicle charging)
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a description of the job as it exists at present. All Job Descriptions are liable to variation in order to reflect any future role/obligations change and employee development.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A covering letter and CV are required with all applications.