- Reference: Project Engineer
- Closing Date: 05/11/2023
- Type: Jobs
We Are Welland
Welland Medical brings to market the best and most innovative products that enhance the lives of people living with a stoma across the world. Investing in the most talented people, collaborating to create world-class, ground-breaking products and services devoted to improving peoples’ lives. We are passionate about making a difference in the world. Our reputation is based on a tradition of improvement, ethical leadership, and total commitment to quality and safety. Welland Medical Ltd®, established in 1988 is part of the CliniMed® Group, and has over 250 colleagues committed to enhancing people’s lives.
Excellence: We collaborate by embracing differing perspectives to make better decisions and continuously improve.
Innovation: We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit by creating novel solutions within the workplace and in stoma care.
Integrity: We commit to empower and respect each other, ethically, honestly and with fairness.
Quality: We are passionate about recognising talent and providing an equal and supportive workspace for all to thrive.
Wellbeing: We commit to setting the highest standard of quality in everything we do to enhance people’s lives every day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of your role at Welland, you will be fully integrated within the Project Engineer team, with focus and ability to:
- Responsibility to always adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy and operate and promote the development of quality standards and procedures taking ownership of tasks and to seek new improved ways of doing things.
- Ensure projects are managed effectively including defining & meeting timescales, control of project budget and working with other departments as required.
- Design and develop efficient processes and equipment in support of new product introduction,
- Problem solving, and development of existing practices.
- Design of engineering parts and assemblies using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Produce and check technical drawings to BS8888.
- Purchase new equipment and provide training as required. Validation, verification and qualification of new processes and equipment.
- Review safety and compliance of both new and existing equipment.
- Effective communication with suppliers, customers, and staff at all levels of the company.
For more information on the role and read about the person specification that we have associated, please click here.